Why do people adore oil painting artworks?
Oil painting is the process of painting with pigments, using drying oil as a grappler. It is the most common technique for painting on wooden panel or canvas for several centuries. The advantages of oil painting images are greater flexibility, rich and dense color, wide range from light to dark. The process is too slow, as one layer of paint need to get dry before another layer of paint is applied.
Oil paintings look immensely beautiful and lively, when hung on a wall. The propper chosen painting can be a good room decoration addition. Usually, we hang paintings on our walls due to two reasons. First to beautify our room, second someone or something which is attached to our life. If you want to buy or make a painting of your choice, you can unhesitatingly contact oil painting artist. Artists are renowned for their dedicatedly made paintings, at an affordable price. Their work speaks about the passion and dedication towards paintings.
Painting is not only an art, its everything for an artist. They are so passionately devoted to wards their work. Oil painting artist works in an immensely dedicated way to make a painting look lively and beautiful.
List Of The Most Famous Paintings
- The Mona Lisa – The Mona Lisa painting is the most famous oil painting made by Leonardo da Vinci. Any inventory of famous paintings would stay incomplete without this painting. This painting is presently under the control of Musee du Louvre in Paris.
- Starry Night – The starry night painting was painted by Vincent van Gogh. It was painted in 1889. It was a masterpiece art made from memory and fancifully portrays the view from his room , where he used to live at that time.
- The Scream – The scream was painted by Edvard Munch, using oil and pastel on cardboard. It was painted in 1893. It depicts a morbid figure, and the background view is of Oslo, Norway.
- Guernica – Guernica was painted by Pablo Picasso. It was painted in 1937.The painting was inspired by the bombing of Guernica, Spain, during the Spanish civil war. The painting was originally commissioned by the Spanish government, and wished to portray the suffering of the war, and finally stand as the insignia of peace.
- The persistence Of Memory – The persistence of memory was painted by a Spanish artist, Salvador Dali. It was painted in 1931. It is one of the most individual and unique pieces of the art history. It depicts a dark shoreline attired with melting clocks. It is even thought that Albert Einstein’s Theory of relativity inspired this marvelous piece.
- Three Musicians – Three musicians was painted by Pablo Picasso. The painting was completed in 1921. There are two similar paintings made by him, and are mutually referred as three musicians. They are at a display in New York MoMA and the Philadelphia museum of art.
- Girl With A Pearl Earring – Girl with a pearl earring was painted by a Dutch artist, Johannes Vermeer. The painting was completed in 1665. This painting is even considered as the “Mona Lisa of the North”. This masterpiece is now found in Mauritshuis Gallery in The Hague.
- Whistler’s Mother – Whistler’s mother was painted by James McNeil. The painting was completed in 1871. The original name of this portrait is Arrangement in Grey and Black: the Artist’s Mother. It is present in a Parisian museum, so it is rarely seen in United States.
- Portrait de L’artiste Sans Barbe – Portrait de L’artiste sans barbe is the self portrait of Vincent van Gogh, without a beard.
- The Night Watch – The night watch was painted by Rembrandt (van rijn). The painting was completed in 1642. He was commissioned by a military captain, to paint their company using oil on canvas. This painting was done to show off the French queen, that the military captain was visiting to her.
- The Kiss – The Kiss is the most famous painting, painted by Guatav Klimt. It is a geometric depiction of a kissing couple. The painting was completed in 1908. Gold leafs have been incorporated in this oil painting, to make it a unique masterpiece.
- The Flower Carrier – The flower carrier was painted by Diego Rivera. It was daubed in 1935. Rivera, a Mexican, was widely considered as the most outstanding painter in the twentieth century. He was quite popular for his simple paintings, usually focused on bright colors.
- American Gothic – American Gothic was painted by Grant Wood. It was painting was completed in 1930. It is an iconic American art. The picture shows a farmer and his daughter.
- Cafe Terrace At Night – Cafe terrace at night was painted by Vincent van Gogh. The painting was completed in 1888. This is one of the most individual paintings of such a boring environment.
- N0. 5, 1948 – This masterpiece was painted by Jackson Pollock. The painting was completed in 1948. The picture is a bit disorganized, but it reveals insights of the turmoil that was going on within Pollock.
- Dogs Playing Poker – This unique painting was created by an American painter C M Coolidge. The painting was completed in 1903. The picture depicts a series of dog’s playing cards, around a table.
According to historians, oil paintings were first inducted in Asia. Later on, this artwork became the most popular style of painting at around 1500 AD.
The overall lasting effects of using different oils, made it possible to create different visualization, and even the very few could make remarkable outcomes from it. Overall this painting style, helped the artists to depict their imaginations in a more splendid way.